The Chinese authorities have been at it again! They’ve had yet another recent crackdown on vpn china internet%0A providers.
This means huge online frustration for visitors, those on business trips and anyone living in a country with the highest population on earth; that is unless they take advantage of a working, secure and reliable VPN to use in China.
Please do not assume your current VPN subscription will work. By doing so it could mean that the end result is very likely to be a huge disappointment.
Avoid tearing your hair out!
To avoid wasted time, exasperation, irritation and vexation I will give you details on the 6 best VPN for China providers that do work.
How can I confidently claim to know such information? It’s very straightforward really, I have invested a good deal of time and effort to test a whole host of providers claiming to offer a VPN to use in China.
Sympathy for my efforts is not required! I have been to this fascinating country several times and will be off there again shortly. The size of this huge, diverse country means I will only skim the surface, but while there I want and need access to my Gmail and social sites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
These are just a small selection of sites Chinese authorities deem to be unsuitable for public consumption.
Outdated information is as useful as a chocolate teapot!
To achieve this, and to avoid the stringent content and censorship blocking laws the country enforces a VPN to China subscription that actually works is needed.
And, if you are heading there I am sure you will benefit from one too. I would also urge you to take details of all my recommend providers. This will ensure you have a fallback solution in the event issues occur with the VPN to China provider you select.
Quite frankly, a lot of the information still showing on vpn china internet%0A provider websites pre-dates this recent crackdown. This means that many of the providers out there who were able to give vpn china internet%0A access now cannot.
It also means that lots of the information still out there relating to the best VPN for China is as useful as a chocolate teapot in terms of being able to access the sites you want while in-country.
Without further ado, here are my top 6 CURRENT Best VPN for China providers:
It is important to stress once again that simply taking a VPN to China service that has worked in the past, or claims to work now is not the way to go.
You need the latest information on a VPN to use in China. One that really does allow you online access. The recommendations below have all been tested and do currently work:
NordVPN: NO in-country servers, just one of the reasons it works so well!
Please do not think I have lost the plot! It is true that one of the many reasons NordVPN torrent must rank up there with the best VPN for China providers is the fact they have no in-country servers. This means they are not on the Chinese authority’s immediate ‘concern’ list and thus making it significantly less likely that a government block will be enforced on their service.
What they do have is:
- In excess of 60 servers surrounding China (this includes 14 in Hong Kong which, as a special administrative region (SAR) of the Chinese Republic, does not fall under the same government rules)
- Best of Breed, military-grade encryption and security
- Strong focus on privacy and anonymity
- Recent introduction of dedicated servers with the aim and ability to bypass heavily restricted areas (in this case: China!)
- 24/7 customer service that includes an assistance-specific section to help with vpn china internet%0A configuration. They also offer a site in simplified Chinese
- Keen pricing for what is offered and their 30-day money back guarantee makes NordVPN a definite consideration in terms of VPN to China provision
ExpressVPN: Tried, Trusted, Super-Fast
ExpressVPN have an envious reputation in the VPN world. This is shown by the fact that they are one of the most popular VPN to China providers in existence.
Their commitment to providing the best VPN for China is clearly shown in how they rise above and bypass the challenges many vpn china internet%0A providers suffer and shy away from.
- In excess of 1,700 servers globally with a surrounding regional server-spread that includes Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, and Japan
- First-class security and encryption is employed
- Super-fast connection speeds
- Top-Notch customer service available in several different languages
- More expensive than other VPN providers but the quality service offered for a robust VPN to use in China more than justifies this premium. A 30-day money-back guarantee also means this is a no-risk VPN to China option
iPhone tip: Any iPhone user wishing to use their device while in China should download the Express VPN application before entering the country. This will ensure a trouble-free VPN to use in China.
VyperVPN: Tier 1 Provider. Superb Technology For Mac, Windows & Android. NOT for iOS
Any company that invests in a Tier-1 network is showing huge commitment and real belief in the VPN services they offer. VyperVPN is such a company.
Another huge bonus for those who tend to leave everything until the last minute is that their VPN to use in China subscription is available for purchase in-country.
Note: To those of you who fly by the seat of your pants (and it is often an exciting way to go): See, I told you to take this list with you!
- Tier-1 Network. This means exclusive ownership and management of all of their servers
- 700 globally placed servers. Including locations such as Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore
- Very high connection speeds
- Extremely secure Chameleon VPN protocol. This ‘scrambles’ OpenVPN data. Important note: Just to reiterate, this protocol works on Mac, Windows and Android OS, but it is only available on VyperVPN premium plan package. Also, the iOS App does not come with this protocol. This means it is not a recommended choice as a VPN to use in China for iPhone users.
- Above average tariffs (but they do run and manage a private network). 24/7 customer service.
CyberGhost: L2TP protocol comes as a default for their mobile apps
CyberGhost is a low-cost vpn china internet%0A option. The OpenVPN protocol is one that anti-VPN systems are effective at detecting and therefore blocking.
The Ghost VPN gets around this problem by allowing you to configure a device with L2TP protocol. Those using their mobile apps have no configuration worries as L2TP comes as standard on these apps.
- In excess of 2,000 servers worldwide with 4 based in Hong Kong
- Strong encryption and security capabilities
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) torrenting allowed on certain servers. Note: CyberGhost Torrent servers do not serve China, so this is not a suitable VPN to use for this purpose while in the country
- Up to 7 simultaneous connections
- 24/7 Live Chat assistance
- Lower end of the best VPN for China subscription list. Great value for money
- 7-day free trial plus a ‘no quibble’ 30-day money-back guarantee
PrivateVPN: Strict No logs policy means privacy protection
Private VPN is an extremely solid option for those whose main online activity is fairly basic in term of general website access (and if you are on holiday what more do you need?).
- Achieves the ‘Great Firewall’ bypass through the L2TP protocol
- Military Grade encryption
- Has servers located in Hong Kong
- Tight No Logs policy
- Good speeds – access possible to Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer
- 24/7 customer support
- Competitively priced – 30-day money-back guarantee (although some users have complained about this guarantee)
Trust.Zone: Tech team fully committed to keeping China connections up
Trust.Zone is a relatively new player in the VPN world but is already making a name for itself. You should consider it as an all-around, sound, VPN in my list of best VPN for China recommendations. With servers in Hong Kong and a fully committed Tech team, their stats show 95% success rates for those accessing the VPN to use in China segment of this network.
- Available on every platform
- Scaling of the Great Firewall of China is achieved using Port 443
- Strong encryption and security measures in place
- Servers in Hong Kong and Singapore
- P2P allowed
- No logs policy firmly in place
- Up to 3 simultaneous connections
- 3-day free trial, 10-day money-back guarantee
- Middle-of-the-road pricing, but some excellent ‘limited-time’ specials
Take those hiking boots off!
Those looking for a VPN to China provider can relax by using one from the recommended list above. It will also allow you to leave your hiking boots at home. This is because there will be no need to scale that formidable Great Firewall of China to search for a vpn china internet%0A service that really does offer the online access you deserve.
That’s all for this piece but lots more to follow on “Access all areas” when it comes to online connectivity wherever you happen to be in this vibrant, global community